Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Suspicious Paragraphs

The most difficult part of writing this blog, for me, is getting rid of the idea of the completed paragraph.  Actually, it is the notion of anything "completed" that is the major problem.  I really have no business addressing concepts about religion in an ostensibly experiential way, and simultaneously attempting to have every communication I make about religion be complete and self-contained.

I just decided to pick on the concept of the paragraph because it is the smallest "completed" component of language that I think ought to be viewed with suspicion.  I cannot think that the sentence, as a language tool, can be discarded.

And so my writings, incomplete and disjointed as they are, will probably become even more incomplete and disjointed.  I only hope that my thoughts can follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Following the Path of Expiation

It is unfortunately quite telling that much of Christianity cannot state with authority why Abel's sacrifice was looked upon with favor,...