Saturday, March 26, 2022

Lousy Things About the Bible

One of the things I must deal with if I am to engage in the "growing toward knowing" of my previous post is the question of what I am trying to do in this blog.  One of the things I am trying to do in this blog is produce excellent writing about the Bible.  That, I feel, is silly of me, and I am beginning to see why.

The business, I am beginning to see, of producing excellent writing about the Bible is really the business of producing excellent writing about excellent writing about the Bible--commenting upon other people's commentaries.  Most of this is folly.

What I really need to do is write lousy things about the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Following the Path of Expiation

It is unfortunately quite telling that much of Christianity cannot state with authority why Abel's sacrifice was looked upon with favor,...